Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pulling Power

I was very excited to receive my dorsal hitch dog sulky today. Thanks to Michele in Ohio for selling it to me, and thanks to Annie for bringing it to Madison. I tried it out along the Wingra bike path with Pogo (in the center), our neighbor's dog Daisy (right), and Annie's dog Summer (left). This first trial run went amazingly well, and it helped to have Annie biking ahead to motivate the dogs. All three dogs have been doing dog pulling activities like dog sledding and dog scootering, so they seemed to get the hang of it right away. I still have a lot to learn about which straps attach where and how to adjust everything properly. (You can click on the photo to enlarge it.)
Here's a video view from the sulky:


And here is Pogo helpfully hauling home a stack of library books last weekend in his wagon:

2 comments:

  1. Looks like too much fun! How did the cross country skiing thing go?
    Kris & Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what "cross country skiing thing" you're talking about, but I had fun skiing with Pogo on the frozen lake near our house this winter.

    ReplyDelete