Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Great News!

A couple of applications have been submitted for Kaylah, and hopefully she'll get to go home with a family soon.

I crated Kaylah in my bedroom today while I was at work in case she had more diarrhea. Turned out that she didn't, but she willingly went into the crate and quietly laid down in it. What a good girl!

She's starting to display more of a personality. Today for the first time she came up to me a few times to say hello. When I let her out of the crate this afternoon, she play-bowed to my toy poodle Terra and barked at her to try to get her to play. And she briefly chewed on a few dog toys tonight.

Kaylah is now sitting more reliably on command with a combined vocal+hand signal. She's getting better at the sit-stay command, too. And tonight, she pulled our red wagon around the block outside. I later tried to see if she would sit in the wagon while my dog Bear pulled it, but she would have none of that and jumped right out. One downside of the day: she pooped in our living room again tonight, but at least it wasn't diarrhea anymore.
Tonight as it's getting close to bedtime, Kaylah went right into her crate and curled up. She seems very cozy in there.
I see many poodles and doodles online that need new families. I wish that more of them were looking for new homes in the Madison area, because I've heard from multiple other families here that would like to adopt a dog like Kaylah. If you are interested in adopting a dog like her, keep checking Petfinder, because Fluffy Dog Rescue and other organizations regularly have poodles and doodles to rehome. In addition, the Pefinder classifieds section and Craigslist both have poodles that families want to rehome directly. Here are a couple more photos from Kaylah's adventures today.

1 comment:

  1. You are a natural foster mom and great blog writer! You guys are tops! I'm so happy Bear is your forever dog!
    The Lady

    ReplyDelete